7 Marvelous Tips to Use Instagram Marketing for Your Business
Instagram has over a billion active users every day, a vast engaged audience, and less competition than Twitter or Facebook. The platform allows every business with magnificent opportunities for promoting their products to a massive audience with less spending on paid ads.
If you are a new bee on the platform or your campaign wants an update, then here are the seven best tips about Instagram marketing for your business.
Table of Contents
- 1) Showcase What You Are Doing In An Innovative Way
- 2) Bring A Victorious Profile
- 3) Take Them BTS (Behind The Scenes)
- 4) Elaborate Your Reach Through Hashtags
- 5) Mention Others And Collaborate
- 6) Offer Exclusivity And Develop Anticipation
- 7) Monitor Your Success And Grow On It
1) Showcase What You Are Doing In An Innovative Way
Do more focus on the solution you are providing, not on the products that you sell. It is necessary to add more value to your audience on the platform, and also, don’t forget that Instagram is a visual-based network.
If you run a service-related business, try to show every process behind your service. Showcase your company standards, share your objective with your target audience, or share how-to and best tips.
There are multiple formats you could work with on Instagram – it is possible to post short video content(GIFs), photos, and videos nearly a minute in length.
a) Instagram Stories
It’s a slideshow type and disappears after a day from the time of posting. But the story content is added to your highlights feature after it disappears. Here are the Instagram story benefits for business:
- Story content appears at the top of the timeline just below the Instagram icon.
- It is used to obtain BTS(Behind The Scene) content that doesn’t require high-quality images like regular posts.
- It helps in easy experimentation with various content types and photos, videos, stickers, live videos, and filters.
- Tagging other profiles in story content is more ideal for influencer marketing and collaborators.
- Fun facts like stickers, texts, and face filters that help you to edit images.
- Story search for locations and hashtags bring them discoverable.
- Every video and photo you include would run in the series, and also you could add as much you can.
- Adverts in Instagram stories become available to every business worldwide in 2017. You could utilize these to capture new people and include Call To Action(CTA) to your posts, which helps increase views for your Instagram stories content and promotions.
Remember that Instagram story content could be created only on mobile phones, and it is feasible to send story contents as DMs(Direct Messages). Social media story usage is incredibly rising, and any brand could get an engaging and fun path to participate.
b) Instagram Reels
The reels feature on Instagram is similar to the TikTok. The UI(User Interface) and the way you swipe through are the same too. But Instagram reels is not a unique platform. It’s just one of the features on Instagram.
With the help of reels, you can acquire various editing tools to make and upload short-term video content creatively. Utilizing them brings more satisfaction because it grows on the functionalities of Instagram that everyone knows how to work.
Instagram’s primary objective is to bring simple-to-use technology for everyone who needs to create video content on their network. If social is the story’s primary goal, then reels are the entertainment thing.
The rise of short-term video content on the platform is high, and we could bring something in a perfect way that brings more sense to the community.
On the other side, some blabbered that having stories, IGTV, and reels in the same platform brings the network more confused and the engagement fluctuations.
- Showcase your audience about your products attractively. Don’t forget that these videos are short-term videos, so you need to bring your points within the time.
- Create your video with light-hearted and straightforward video content that shows your product would be more trustworthy.
- Bring distinct challenges and get your fans to make reels for you.
- Find the right creators who work in your industry and with the same personalities as your brand.
- BTS(Behind The Scenes) grows a better relationship between your customers and yourself. Showcase the designs process, methods of product manufacturing, etc., to your audience. It brings them confidence and trust in your brand and acquires a different bond with your people.
IGTV(Instagram TV) is a prominent feature that allows every user to post long-term video content to the network.
IGTV video contents are extended, providing you with various opportunities to make fresh, engaging, and fun videos for your business. Here are the Instagram TV benefits for business:
- IGTV video content could run between 60 seconds to an hour, providing massive space for creativity.
- IGTV’s following tab brings your followers to get access to your fresh content.
- It’s an additional network to bring your unique videos.
- IGTV video content could be incorporated into the feed with a minute preview, increasing discoverability and visibility.
- Users could comment on Instagram TV video content that is visible to other users.
2) Bring A Victorious Profile
As a business or industry, you can do various things and provide more solutions. Bring them within the 150 characters to know about your business well. Analyze more about your following things – product launch, event, or promotion.
You can provide only one link on the platform that too in the bio section, so update it regularly. Most businesses on the platform just link to their website without knowing its value. You can link to your app installs, product purchase page, or registration page.
The platform also introduced Instagram business accounts and paid ads. A business account adds a contact number in your bio section and provides access to the analytics data.
3) Take Them BTS (Behind The Scenes)
Every audience is eager to know where their services or products come from, and here you could utilize the platform to showcase the entire lifecycle of your products.
It is related to every industry that sells FairTrade and environment-friendly products. You can showcase every step of your product manufacturing – from the raw material, production, packaging, and distribution.
If nothing strikes your thoughts, you could share something that every person has – notes, whiteboards, and sketches.
Each business acquires and runs through great ideas to snap a fantastic image and post it to the platform. Also, you can try various types of posts until you find the best type that engages more audience.
Utilize hashtags to elaborate your reach. It could be general or campaign-specific, but it needs to be relevant. Don’t forget to develop your unique industry hashtag and use it widely on social media platforms.
It makes it easier for the audience to find your content as well as the related content.
You can add nearly 30 hashtags to your Instagram posts, but it’s best to add 3 to 5 hashtags. Use your unique one, content-related hashtag, and trending hashtags to gain your content visibility.
Also, you can use generic hashtags such as Throwback Thursday (#tbt), #nature, etc. If your business is related to an IT industry, you can use #IT, #tech. It sets your business well.
Also, you need to bring the correct hashtags placement. It could be added at every post end, post comment, or worked in the regular post.
5) Mention Others And Collaborate
Instagram is a popular social media platform for sharing audience success stories and highlighting collaborators.
You could provide to charity or bring a fundraiser two times every year; it’s good if the cause connects with your brand’s mission and values. It’s a fact that not every person looks into the hashtags, so tagging a profile is the perfect option if you need to get observed.
Shout-out is another technique that is most famous on the platform. An unpaid shout-out means if you partner with other brands who have equal followers count, you both can promote each other to your target audiences and benefit from massive exposure.
Paid shout-out requires a higher budget as it’s an influencer strategy. In simple words, you want to spend an influencer or a brand with a more extensive fan base than you to promote your service and products.
It is the perfect way to acquire a massive following, including bringing a strong CTA and genuine Influcener audiences.
6) Offer Exclusivity And Develop Anticipation
Happy customers are the critical point in every Instagram marketing campaign. Honour your loyal fans with dedicated content.
Bring them first to know about your services, events, and products. Make teasing images that grow curiosity and anticipation for your office openings, stores, or new releases.
These posts make your Instagram fans feel great and bring them back to your profile for more information.
7) Monitor Your Success And Grow On It
Marketing becomes a guessing nature without tracking what worked and what didn’t. The exact truth is, you could read every article across the globe about the perfect practices and uploading times, but you can get what works for your clients through experimenting and evaluating results.
Social media tools help more. You could utilize them to schedule your campaigns on the platform and use the analytics on social media to evaluate their success.
Ensure to monitor your engagement, follower count, and clicks regularly to develop your strategy.
We hope that the tips mentioned above help you grow your channel’s performance and gain new customers.
Each tip prefers its unique strength to develop your campaign in a specific way. So work with every tip for your campaigns, analyze what works best for you, and stick with it.
Mary Kyle is a content developer and marketing manager who works at Snaphappen. She has written more trending articles on social media and has a handful of experience in delivering engaging content.